Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New to This!

O.k....sitting at my desk trying to figure out this blogging thing! Hopefully I'll get better at this as I go. Amber and I thought the first thing to get out there in public is that although we seem hip, cool and totally with it, (HA! - now you know we're kidding) our technological skills are lacking somewhat. The good news is that we have enough friends who will first, berate us for this blog attempt then offer to help us because they are embarrassed for us. So, just rest assured that we'll get the hang of it! I wish this was somewhat more like texting because then my typos wouldn't seem so obvious...who cares if you misspell a word when you're texting from your new iphone or in my case an old clunky pink cellphone I'm stuck with because Sprint won't let me out of my contract! So, as you read this if you see areas for improvement by all means (as long as they are constructive - or humorous) send them our way! P.S. had to spell humorous...took a second then discovered the spell check button at the top of the blog.

So, Steffan is out and about in Seattle this week. It's his first time doing a market visit and he has done a wonderful job! He's making new friends and proving that yes we do have an amazing winemaker on board. I have to say it's always a little more peaceful at the winery when he's out because we're not signing huge checks for the next great winemaking tool! But in all seriousness he does a fantastic job and we love working with Steffan. O.k. so back to his trip, he has done two winemaker dinners, one at Brix 25 in Gig Harbor and one at Sip in Issaquah. He's driving around the city now with a coffee in hand going from account to account showing them our wines and telling them about ours and his winemaking style. So many people find it hard to feel sorry for us when we're on the road because we truly are meeting fabulous folks, eating tons of great food and of course enjoying a glass of wine (or two) all in the name of business!

Amber and I have had to start working out just to keep up with the food intake. We've been all over the country since February including Texas, New Jersey, Arizona, Idaho, Oregon, Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Virginia to name a few (oops multiple trips across Washington) and have not traveled to a place yet we did not like. We have a blast eating seasonally across the country and learning about the various chef's interpretations of pairings for our wines. Our distributor teams are a blast, talk about a tough job....that's for another blog. So, with glass in hand and a smile on my face...cheers to you the brave reader and cheers to us for our first blog!

3 comments:

nels nelson said...

Great job you three. I love the pic with the governor. Way to go.
Nels

nels nelson said...

Dear Annette; Barbara has her 2nd cd out, "Back to my boots and saddle",
it's selling quite well. Congratulation on your appointment to the WWVWA.
Nels

wine girl said...

Hi Nels,

We're so excited for Barbara! I saw her CD in Pendleton last Friday when we did a tasting at the Great Pacific. Actually Amber worked and I went and ate appetizers and drank wine! Tough evening! :-)