Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Traveling Companion





Dear Blog Leader,
Guess who's baaaaaack. O.k., you have to have read my earlier post from this morning to understand what this is about but Amber reminded me that we really wanted to put a picture of yet another bottle of our wine that is better traveled than we are! Our 2003 Intuition spent Christmas Day in Botswana, Africa on the fingers of the Okavango Delta. After receiving this picture from Emilio, thank you Emilio, I needed to do a little geographical research to see just exactly where our (rather, Emilio's) Intuition spent its last day. Emilio did share that the folks there were impressed with the wine. He also was also lucky enough to visit the wine country in Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek.

For those of you who are geographically savvy please bear with me. One quick disclaimer...this paragraph and the next one are kind of (pretty much) plagiarized...I really could not say it better. Botswana is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. It has land borders with Zimbabwe in the northeast, South Africa in the south and southeast and with Namibia to the west. In Northern Botswana, the Okavango River flows in from Namibia, and soaks into the sands to form the Okavango Delta, easily accessed via Maun.

The Okavango is a labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels covering an area of over 17,000 square km and the largest inland delta in the world. Trapped in the parched Kalahari sands it is a magnet for the wildlife who depend on the permanent waters of this unique feature.


O.k. I'm back, Emilio also captured this beautiful photo of a Jaguar that I had to include. I really want to pet it and rub it and kiss it! Too beautiful. (yes I know he or she would likely mar me but still...so beautiful.)

All of us here appreciate the wonderful bottle shots and our friends who share our wine with folks all over the world. Wine truly has no borders and we would add it makes friends with anyone open to giving it a try! Cheers Emilio!

2 comments:

borracha grande said...

Hey wine girl: No comment about my suggestions marketing Bergevin Lane in conjunction with MLB? Also, when and at which Flemmings will you be doing the taste event? I have a busy schedule and need to make plans. Remember, self medicate, drink more wine.

wine girl said...

All right already! :-) You know how tough this blogging gig is! You read the tome in my prior blog. I loved your marketing spin, thought you have great ideas and had a good laugh. I only found out yesterday where my events will be held. Flemings Scottsdale! Fun!!! Then we posted a few other events on our website as well. Hopefully you can squeeze a tasting into your hectic schedule! ;-) Thank you for the harrassing comment, it kicked me into gear to send a note. PLUS, I appreciate knowing someone really does read these things! Enjoy the sun!